Thank you for attending Fast Times at Farmington!
We started the weekend with some of yall coming out and setting up your swap meet space or just to camp and hang out with friends. We had a beautiful evening, until around 10pm when the cold front came through and we started having some strong gusts of wind!
Sunday morning came around with a beautiful sunrise as we welcomed everyone to the track. Unfortunately, we once again couldn’t have racing again, but they are in the final stretch of getting the top end of the track tidied up and will be ready for their 2024 season of racing.
The swap meet was hopping with plenty of goods for sale. We hope you were able to sell a bunch of parts or find needed stuff for your ride.
The VWs didn’t disappoint either! We had over 200 in our show area. From our classic buses, daily drivers, rails, Campers and of course the Beetle. Plus many of the newer generations on hand as well.
Thank you to everyone that dressed up for the costume contest, dressed up their VW or just handed out candy. This was our first time doing that and I know we had a few hiccups, but if you enjoyed it, we can do it again next fall.
We hope you had a great time, that is what it is all about. Our next event will be The Winter Volksfest & Eurofest indoor event at the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh on Feb 24/25, 2024, hope to see you there!
Stay tuned to the website for a complete list of award winners and photos from the event.
Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms or sign up for our email list on the website.
👉 @sevwa1 @southeasteuro @eurofestmv
We would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for our team of volunteer judges that got out there and got the job done! And also, my Team for doing what they do, to help the event run smoothly. Let’s not forget the track personnel for keeping the track going and food in the concessions.
We will see ya’ll back at The Farm on May 19, 2024
EVENT PHOTOS CLICK HERE!!!!
Photos Courtesy of Nikki Mendez Imagery, Eli Pastera, TSB Photos & overhead shots from Bill Oestereich
- Best of show Aircooled: Wendell & Jinni Redmond 65 Crewcab
- Promoters Choice: JC Berrios 69 Karmann Ghia Convertible
- Inner Beauty: Bill Oestereich 67 Beetle
- Best of use of Color: Brian Stonebraker 76 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (pre-58) 1: Richard Rivera 57 Beetle 2: Bill Taylor 58 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (pre-58) 1: Billy Tate 58 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (59-64) 1: Emma Snow 63 Beetle 2: John Daniels 62 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (59-64) 1: Garell Foshee 60 Beetle 2: Paul Caudell 63 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (65-67) 1: Bill Tate 65 Beetle 2: Dave Davis 65 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (65-67) 1: Rodney Sanford 66 Beetle 2: Bill Oestereich 67 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (68-up) 1: Matthew Jernigan 69 Beetle 2: Gary Stewart 69 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (68-up)1: Jay Lesar 70 Beetle 2: Chad Brittan 68 Beetle
- Super Beetle Stock 1: Brian White 72 Super Beetle 2: Veron Horne 72 Super Beetle
- Super Beetle Modified 1: Jesse Tejeda 74 Super Beetle 2: Mechell Brown 72 Super Beetle
- Karmann Ghia Stock: 1: JC Berrios 69 Ghia Convertible
- Karmann Ghia Modified: 1: Frank Carter 71 Ghia 2: Joseph Ring 67 Ghia
- Type II Stock (pre-67): 1: Danny Morganelli 57 Westy 2: Edwin Lazo 65 Double Cab
- Type II Modified (pre-67): 1: Rick & Donna Waldeck 65 Sundial
- Type II Stock (68 & up): 1: Jeremy Coble 71 Bus 2: Todd True 78 Bus
- Type II Modified (68 & up) 1: Corey Miller 78 Westy
- Type III: 1: Hector Lorenzi 70 Fastback 2: Maria Rivera 71 Squareback
- Thing: 1: Dalton Kerney 74 Thing
- Buggy: 1: Caesy Eller 67 Sears Rascal 2: Jack Barrett
- Baja: 1: Mickey & Raneta Jones 68 Baja 2: Kevin Harris 69 Baja
- Rail: 1: Chris Bailey 2015 ECSR 2: Chris Stills 2019
- Rail Custom: 1: Lynley Bailey 2019 ECSR
- Full Custom: Brent Carter 56 Custom 2: Juan Martinez 68 Beetle
- Daily Driver (Aircooled) All years: 1: Earl Smith 73 Beetle 2: Keith Bobbit 67 Beetle
- Special Interest: 1: Joe Flow 14 custom Trike 2: Michael Sherber 71 Ghia
- Under Construction: 1: David Bethea 71 Super Beetle 2: Larry Mapps 18 Tiguan
- Kit Car: 1: Doug Woods 67 Porsche
- Rat Rod: 1: Nic Bowman 61 Beetle 2: Paul Betters 64 Beetle
- Patina: 1: Chad Mcquire 65 Beetle 2: Roger Nowlan 65 Beetle
- Stock Watercooled All Years: 1: John Keith Knight 07 GLI 2: April Plowman 23 Tiguan
- Modified MK1/MK2 (78-94): 1: Rich Lutz 86 Cabrio 2: Bobby Latini 91 GTI
- Modified MK3/MK4 (95-05): N/A
- Modified MK5/MK6 (05-14): 1: Damien Sorensen 08 GTI 2: Kim Buchanan 12 Golf
- Modified MK7/7.5 (15 & UP): 1: Justin Cable 23 Golf R 2: William Updegrove 19 GTI
- Passat/CC: 1: Austin Everett 13 Passat TDI 2: Erving Miranda 12 CC
- Beetle (99 &up): 1: Mike Tolley 14 Beetle Convertible 2: Marvin Wall 14 Beetle
- Other Watercooled: 1: Chris Gangestad 84 Vanagon 2: Johnny Johnson 14 Tiguan