We had a Beautiful Fall day at Farmington Dragway for Fast Times at Farmington! We would like to Thank each and everyone of you for making this event what it is! YOU are the heart and soul!
Saturday night, we had a good crowd setting up and camping. They all were ready for a cool evening and hanging out with their friends or getting their swap meet spot ready for the next morning. Swap meet spaces were getting full before the show even started!
Sunday morning was a bit chilly but we had bright blue skies until later in the day when clouds came in. Once the gate opened many took advantage of the early gate opening and got first glimpse at what the swap meet had to offer, even as they were still rolling in. Even as folks were still unloading, you could grab deals fast!
Show car area never disappoints! Always a great selection of some Beautiful VWs of all models. We had around 250 in the area but only 140 were actually signed up to be judged. We are going to have to make some improvements to the area, in order to accomdate everyone, as we were running out of room. Jeff Grimm walked away with Best of Show Aircooled with his Black with red Interior 68 Beetle. Best of Show Watercooled went to Chobey Badgio once again with his Beautiful Custom 2010 GTI.
Racer count was differently down again with only 30 racers in attendance. I am sure these gas prices didn’t help any, but also heard that many racers are waiting on parts. Super Pro Finals had Mel Shealy over Gary Zipperian and in Pro Class Danny Funderburk over David Young. We also had the ASA guys in attendance, but with many of them waiting on parts or just couldn’t make it. There were only 3 of them, with Brad Robertson taking the win over Todd Howard.
We would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for our team of volunteer judges that got out there and got the job done! And also, my Team for doing what they do, to help the event run smoothly. Let’s not forget the track personnel for keeping the track going and food in the concessions.
We will see ya’ll back at The Farm on May 21, 2023
EVENT PHOTOS CLICK HERE!!!!
Photos Courtesy of Nikki Mendez Imagery & overhead shots from Bill Oestereich
- Super Pro Winner: Mel Shealy
- Super Pro Runner-up: Gary Zipperian
- Pro Winner: Danny Funderburk
- Pro Runner-up: David Young
- ASA Winner: Brad Robertson
- ASA Runner-up: Todd Howard
- Best of show Aircooled: Jeff Grimm 68 Beetle
- Best of Show Watercooled: Chobey Badgio 2010 GTI
- Promoters Choice: James Campbell custom Trike
- Inner Beauty: Rodney Sanford 66 Beetle
- Best of use of Color: Darren Crocker 61 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (pre-58) 1: Wendell Redmond 54 Beetle 2: Ed Beard 51 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (pre-58) 1: Dustin Richardson 58 Beetle 2: Marleen Colin 56 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (59-64) 1: James Hockaday 64 Beetle 2: Roberto Gonzales 63 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (59-64) 1: Darren Crocker 61 Beetle 2: Andy Podhany 59 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (65-67) 1: Alex Smith 67 Beetle 2: Kimberly Levy 67 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (65-67) 1: Rodney Sanford 66 Beetle 2: Wayne Oakley 67 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (68-up) 1: Matthew Jernigan 69 Beetle 2: Marie Staton 74 Beetle Convertible
- Beetle Modified (68-up)1: Chad Brittain 68 Beetle 2: Glenn Hicks 70 Beetle
- Super Beetle Stock 1: Becky Fragnito 73 Super Beetle 2: Mike Dixon 74 Sunbug
- Super Beetle Modified 1: Katlin Ring 71 Super Beetle 2: Jesse Tejeda 74 Super Beetle
- Karmann Ghia Stock: 1: James Jones 68 Ghia
- Karmann Ghia Modified: 1: Tim Amick 68 Ghia Convertible 2: Joseph Ring 67 Ghia
- Type II Stock (pre-67): 1: Danny Morganelli 57 Westy 2: Rich & Donna Walpeck
- Type II Modified (pre-67): 1: Mandy Sawyers 63 2: Darren Crocker 65 Double Cab
- Type II Stock (68 & up): 1: Jeremy Coble 71 Bus
- Type II Modified (68 & up) 1: Corey Miller 78 Westy 2: Kenny Morganelli 71 Bus
- Type III: 1: Amanda Miller 72 Squareback 2: Hector Lorenzi 70 Fastback
- Thing: 1: Gary Kreidel 74 2: Heath White 74
- Buggy: 1: Jerald Plunk 63 Empi Sporter 2: Jason Stewart
- Baja: 1: Jeremy Robinson 2: Mickey & Raneta Jones 68 Baja
- Rail: 1: Greg Pollard 2020 ECSR 2: Thomas Barber 20 ECSR
- Rail Custom: 2: William Elliott 19 ECSR 2: Lynley Bailey 2019 ECSR
- Full Custom: NONE
- Daily Driver (Aircooled) All years: 1: Christie Cisson 64 Beetle 2: TIE Randy Houndshell 74 Super Beetle Sidney Sheets 66 Beetle
- Special Interest: 1: James Campbell Trike 2: James Jones 71 Super Beetle Convertible
- Under Construction: 1: Steve Pope 63 Beetle 2: David Bethea 71 Super Beetle
- Kit Car: 1: Victor Gomez 23 Gazelle 2: Kim Workman 52 Kit Car
- Rat Rod: 1: Mike Winters 63 Beetle 2: Steven Sheets 64 Beetle
- Patina: 1: Kevin Smith 68 Single Cab 2: Manuel Martinez 62 Beetle
- Stock Watercooled All Years: 1: Frank Carter 08 R32 2: Thomas Bland 88 Jetta
- Modified MK1/MK2 (78-94): NONE
- Modified MK3/MK4 (95-05): 1: Brandon Williams 04 Golf R32 2: Charles Black 98 Golf
- Modified MK5/MK6 (05-14): 1: Stanley Cornelius 13 Sportwagen 2: Tim Hudson 07 GTI
- Modified MK7/7.5 (15 & UP): 1: Santos Rivera 15 Jetta 2: Kacy Caudell 19 Jetta
- Passat/CC: 1: Austin Everett 13 Passat TDI 2: Lane Herren
- Beetle (99 &up): 1: Mike Tolley 14 Beetle Convertible 2: Marvin Wall 14 Beetle
- Other Watercooled: 1: Dave Haislop 07 GLI 2: Chris Gangestad 84 Vanagon