We had a Gorgeous Sunny day at Farmington Dragway for Fast Times at Farmington! We would like to Thank each and everyone of you for making this event what it is! YOU are the heart and soul!
Saturday night, we couldn’t setup until late, but we still had a good crowd and ready for an evening hanging out with their friends or getting their swap meet spot ready for the next morning. Many Campers came out to enjoy the crisp night air with friends around a fire.
Sunday morning was a bit foggy but soon lifted to revel Beautiful bright blue skies. Once the gate opened many took advantage of the early gate opening and got first glimpse at what the swap meet had to offer, even as they were still rolling in. Even as folks were still unloading, you could grab deals fast!
Show car area never disappoints! Always a great selection of some Beautiful VWs of all models. We had around 250 in the area but only 160 were actually signed up to be judged. Kobbie Miller walked away with Best of Show Aircooled with his two toned 66 Beetle. Best of Show Watercooled went to Chobey Badgio and his Beautiful Custom 2010 GTI.
Racer count was differently down with only 43 racers in attendance. I am sure these gas prices didn’t help any. It was great to see Scott Miller out and about again racing, then to go all the way to win in Pro. In Super Pro, Clint Woolard had his game on and took the win in Super Pro.
We would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for our team of volunteer judges that got out there and got the job done! And also, my Team for doing what they do, to help the event run smoothly. Let’s not forget the track personnel for keeping the track going and food in the concessions.
We will see ya’ll back at The Farm on Oct 16th!
EVENT PHOTOS CLICK HERE!!!!
Photos Courtesy of Justin Cummings, Cesar @tune_n_modded & Nikki Mendez Imagery
- Super Pro Winner: Clint Woolard
- Super Pro Runner-up: Tim Norwood
- Pro Winner: Scott Miller
- Pro Runner-up: Danny Funderburk
- ASA Winner: Mark Spires
- ASA Runner-up: Scott Sain
- Best of show Aircooled: Kobbie Miller 66 Beetle
- Best of Show Watercooled: Chobey Badgio 2010 GTI
- Promoters Choice: Jeff Colley 60 Beetle
- Inner Beauty: Mandy Lewis 65 Bus
- Best of use of Color: Ron Hamby 56 Beetle
- Best Workmanship: Jeff Grimm 68 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (pre-58) 1: Victor Gomez 57 Beetle 2: Ed Beard 51 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (pre-58) 1: Ron Hamby 56 Beetle 2: Dustin Richardson 58 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (59-64) 1: Scott Stephens 59 Convertible Beetle 2: Roy Arnette 63 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (59-64) 1: Jeff Colley 60 Beetle 2: Kelly Lopp 63 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (65-67) 1: Alex Smith 67 Beetle 2: Chris McBurney 65 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (65-67) 1: Rodney Sanford 66 Beetle 2: Bill Oestereich 67 Beetle
- Beetle Stock (68-up) 1: Mike & Beth West 70 Beetle 2: Rick Hackett 69 Beetle
- Beetle Modified (68-up)1: Jason Terry 68 Beetle 2: Jeff Grimm 68 Beetle / Bernardino Perez 69 Beetle
- Super Beetle Stock 1: Vernon Horne 72 Super Beetle 2: Eric Dudley 72 Super Beetle
- Super Beetle Modified 1: Brian Fox 74 Super Beetle 2: Greg Ring 71 Super Beetle
- Karmann Ghia Stock: 1: Tommy Stephens G74hia
- Karmann Ghia Modified: 1: Tim Amick 68 Ghia Convertible
- Type II Stock (pre-67): 1: Heath White 66 Camper 2: Mandy Lewis 65 Bus
- Type II Modified (pre-67): 1: Rob & Angel Schultz 53 Bus 2: Bret Pace 65 Single Cab
- Type II Stock (68 & up): 1: Sadie Coble 71 Bus 2: Todd True 78 Westy
- Type II Modified (68 & up) 1: Kenny Morganelli 71 Bus 2: Chris Imperial 69 Bus
- Type III: 1: Hector Lorenzi 70 Fastback 2: Maria Rivera 71 Squareback
- Thing: 1: Michael Brooks 74 2: Brad Smith 73
- Buggy: 1: Christy Cisson 2: William Gias
- Baja: 1: Jack Glowacki 70 Beetle
- Rail: 1: Kelly Pollard 2020 ECSR 2: Gary Dolin
- Rail Custom: 1: Lynley Bailey 2019 ECSR
- Full Custom: 1: Tommy Jing 74 914
- Daily Driver(Aircooled) All years: 1: Michael Marlowe 64 Beetle 2: Aldo Gonzales 68 Beetle
- Special Interest: 1: Scott Austin 57 Drag Beetle 2: Jay Turner 63 Herbie Beetle
- Under Construction: 1:Christy Cisson 66 Karmann Ghia 2: David Bethea 71 Super Beetle
- Kit Car: 1: Kim Workman 52 Kit Car
- Rat Rod: 1:Mike Winters 63 Beetle 2: Kevin Bender 68 Beetle
- Patina: 1: Jeremy Santana 61 Beetle 2: Chris Bailey 64 Beetle
- Stock Watercooled All Years: 1: Dave Haislop 82 Rabbit Convertible 2: Chan Cassell 82 Westy
- Modified MK1/MK2 (78-94): 1: Ceasar Ramirez 83 Rabbit 2: Mike Petromallo 79 Rabbit
- Modified MK3/MK4 (95-05): 1: Susan Toncheff 98 GLX Jetta
- Modified MK5/MK6 (05-14): 1: Kim Buchanan 12 Golf 2: Chad Cook 09 Rabbit
- Modified MK7/7.5 (15 & UP): 1: Ray Caudell 19 Jetta 2: Sam Buchanan 15 GTI
- Passat/CC: 1: Ricky Widner 13 CC
- Beetle (99 &up): 1: Marvin Wall 14 Beetle 2:Mike Tolley 14 Beetle Convertible
- Other Watercooled: 1: Donna Yeomans 08 Porsche 911 2: Michael Howell 11 GTD Golf